Pest Inspections In Omaha, NE
Proper home maintenance is not only for checking repairs and keeping your home cleaned and organized; it should also involve taking the necessary precautions to protect it from pesky creatures called pests. Pest inspections and termite inspections should be done annually to keep the house or business in good shape, maintain its appeal, value, and most importantly keep the family healthy with peace of mind. Removing an old, damaged or unwanted structure in Omaha also requires a pre-demolition rodent abatement inspection prior to the building tear down. Call us at (402) 250-0425 for that peace of mind.
The Professional Termite Inspection
During your pest control Omaha inspection all accessible areas are inspected from the basement to the attic. We inspect and exterminate for termites and carpenter ants (wood destroying insects), as well as any other pest control problems such as mice, rats, roaches, ants, wasps, spiders, bees and more.
When purchasing or refinancing a home, conducting a termite inspection and pest inspection should be of top priority. Wood destroying insects cause over $4 billion in damages to homes and businesses annually.
VA/FHA Mortgage Bank Loan Requirements
All termite inspections required by many mortgage companies include NPMA-33 forms for FHA/VA loans. Most FHA/VA loans require the buyer to contract a licensed professional for a home inspection prior to the issuing of a loan. Our certified inspectors work with realtors, banks, mortgage companies, home seller and home buyers on a regular basis. We perform real estate pest inspections promptly and can have the appropriate documents completed within 24 hours.
If you are buying a home in Omaha or the surrounding communities, the cost of a professional termite inspection is small compared to the cost of repairing major termite or carpenter ant damage after you’ve purchased an infested home. Discovering the problem before closure through a termite inspection can save you thousands in repair costs and allow you to negotiate the sale or cancel the contract.
Inspect And Eliminate Wood Destroying Insects
In Omaha and neighboring cities such as Bellevue, NE and Council Bluffs, IA termite inspectors are required to be licensed, which means they have met state standards and completed the necessary training. At Omaha Pest Control, we have a team of licensed and experienced inspectors who are committed to providing excellent exterminator services for our customers.
Call Omaha Pest Control, Inc. today so that you can prevent further damage and take the necessary steps to eradicate the pests. Don’t let pests eat away at your investment.
The First Step For Pest Control * Contact Omaha Pest Control *
Omaha Pest Control has inspected hundreds, maybe thousands of structures for wood destroying insects. We are familiar with commons signs of pest and termite infestations that homeowners are often not aware of and accustomed to.
What Does a Termite Inspector Look For?
- Piles of wings around window sills and doorways.
- Mud tubes along foundations and other home access points.
- Mud in joints and cracks of walls.
- Presence of termites in other wood objects in your yard.
- Weak wood and dry rot.
- Dead insects, frass, shelter tubes, exit holes, and staining of walls.
VA Loans and Wood Destroying Insect Inspections
Veterans will need to complete a termite inspection on their potential property before securing their loan if the home is located in a zone with a “very heavy” to “moderate” probability of infestation. This is a requirement in 30 states, including Nebraska. However, the VA may provide assistance to those living in low probability areas who want the assurance of a termite inspection.
Who Orders and Pays for The VA Termite Inspection?
The buyer is responsible in most cases for ordering the termite inspection, but the seller is required to order and pay for the pest inspection under the terms of a VA loan.
Common Wood Destroying Insects
- Subterranean Termites: Termites are perhaps the most known wood-eating pests. They thrive on damp wood and form colonies that burrow tunnels and damage homes, furniture and trees. More often than not, property owners will notice piles or wings or tunnels being burrowed before they ever see the actual white bodies of the termites. Omaha Pest Control can help you keep your peace of mind with a termite inspection Omaha, Nebraska.
- Carpenter Ants: Like all species of ants, the carpenter ants are hard workers, which means that they can cause a lot of trouble in very little time. They have a habit if chewing wood both with and across the grain to form interesting patterns. As they bore through wood, they carry the shavings outside the nest. Because they work in large colonies, you actually may be able to hear them at work, biting away at your home with their strong jaws. If you schedule a termite inspection Omaha, we will also look for signs of carpenter ants.
- Carpenter Bees: These large bees love to eat a variety of woods, but are especially partial to any surfaces that are already weathered. Signs of carpenter bees include an entrance hole and appearance of sawdust that is a result of their boring. They tend to prefer structural pieces of wood and avoid surfaces that have been painted or sealed. Over time, carpenter bees can form tunnels that reach 10 feet and cause extensive damage.
Who Pays for Treatment if House is Infested?
In the case of a VA loan, the seller is required to pay for treatment and any necessary repairs. However, this is not the case with standard loans. While most states require a termite inspection in order to secure a loan, the actual treatment costs are open for negotiation. Omaha Pest Control will give you the professional inspection needed to satisfy both buyer and seller.