If you are a homeowner in Omaha, NE with dogs or cats then you are aware of some of the nuisances and tasks that come with living with a pet with fleas. If your pets have or had fleas or ticks, you have no doubt gone to great lengths to try and control them. Fleas and ticks are very common pests in Omaha and its neighboring cities and Omaha Pest Control, Inc. has many years of experience exterminating these pests.
Controlling Fleas In Omaha, NE
Your home needs to be kept up pest control wise to prevent it from getting infested with unwanted fleas and other unwanted pests, the same as keeping your car from breaking down from not having your oil changed regularly. Omaha Pest Control has professional programs to help the homeowner keep that from happening. Flea and tick problems originate in the outdoors and to control that problem, both the inside and outside need maintained.
Treat The Inside And Outside of Omaha Yards Also
Omaha Pest Control provides maintenance programs consisting of Initial Services to exterminate the infested problem and, thereafter provide Quarterly Services to keep those unwanted guests out. The control of the exterior of the home and yard are a primary task to keep from flea infestation from happening. Prices of lawn and yard services are based on area square footage. Call us for a free estimate for services in and around the Omaha, Bellevue, and Council Bluffs areas.
Fleas and Ticks… Ticks and Fleas…
They go together like birds and bees… but they’re very different. To protect your dogs, pets, and children from both of these parasites it’s very important that you understand the differences between them. Here are a few of the differences that separate these parasites:
- The flea is an insect. Wingless, it has 6 legs and can jump very far.
- Adult fleas can live for more than 100 days.
- Fleas lay 20 to 40 eggs per day for several weeks.
- Fleas prefer warm temperatures. They don’t want to leave your house.
- Fleas have fewer hosts than ticks. (Dogs, cats, opossums, coyotes, raccoons, and foxes)
- Ticks are arachnids. They are closely related to spiders and have 8 legs.
- Ticks live from a few weeks to up to 3 years.
- Ticks lay thousands of eggs one time, but after that, it dies.
- Ticks can survive near-freezing temperatures. They are hardier than fleas and tougher to kill.
- Ticks feed on more hosts than fleas. (Humans, deer, squirrels, snakes, and flea-type hosts)
Are Fleas and Ticks Dangerous?
- Fleas: Fleas can transmit bartonellosis and tapeworm.
- Ticks: Ticks can transmit Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
How Do You Get Rid Of Fleas And Ticks?
Fleas and Ticks can be difficult to control and that’s why our flea and tick control service includes the necessary products and follow up visits for complete success. Due to the hazards and complexity of the pesticides involved, most people want to hire a professional to eliminate the problem. Our Omaha Pest Control treatment methods consist of the following:
- Initial Service – Omaha Pest Control provides a thorough inspection of the interior and exterior of your home, then a treatment of areas where activity is present.
- Follow Up – Quarterly interior/exterior or exterior-only services will be scheduled as part of our annual pest management program. If pests return in between visits Omaha Pest Control returns for free.
How Much Does It Cost?
Omaha Pest Control Has Standard Pricing. Our pest control services are based on the size of the home and total materials used. Free Estimates are provided.