Omaha Pest Control Provides Abatement Services
Besides providing numerous pest control services in Iowa and Nebraska, many times it is required by city codes and regulations that buildings being torn down are inspected for pest and rodent infestations immediately prior to the demolition. Call Omaha Pest Control, Inc. at (402) 250-0425 for professional abatement inspections and exterminations.
The city of Omaha, as well as Bellevue, Council Bluffs and other local cities require a licensed and professional company to inspect buildings for mice and rats before a demolition. This service is to prevent and exterminate an infestation to a neighboring community before and during tear down, many times the critters can escape to find a different nesting spot (possibly your home).
What Is A Demolition Inspection?
The certification of rodent prevention and inspection is a necessary step required by the city building department. This inspection ensures that the property that is being torn down is void of rodents before demolition. The inspection needs to be done within 3 days of tear-down. Examples are house, detached garage, shed or other buildings.
What If Rodents Are Found?
If mice, rats or other larger rodents are found in the structure it is required that the building be baited or exterminated within 72 hours prior to demolition. Our technician will will perform the necessary rodent control service in and around the structure to remove the infestation problem. After an inspection or treatment, the certification letter from a certified and licensed exterminating company needs to be taken to the building department of the city hall within your township.
Department Of Permits, Licenses and Inspections
Local City Offices:
- Douglas County Environmental Services – 3015 Menke Circle, Omaha, NE 68134 (402) 444-7189
- City of Omaha Permits and Inspections – 1819 Farnam Street, # 1100, Omaha, NE 68183 (402) 444-5350
- Bellevue, NE Permits and Inspection – 209 Pearl Street, Bellevue, NE 68005 (402) 293-3014
- Council Bluffs Building Permits and Inspection – 209 Pearl Street, Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503 (712) 890-5276
- La Vista City Hall – 8116 Park View Blvd., La Vista, NE 68128 (402) 331-4343
- Papillion City Hall – 122 East 3rd Street, Papillion, NE 68046 (402) 597-2000
- Gretna City Hall – 204 N. McKenna Avenue, Gretna, NE 68028 (402) 332-3336